Monday, July 11, 2005

Phucking Around With Photoshop + My Blog's Namesake Comes to Fruition...Just Like It Does Every Other Week

Phun With Photoshop

For anyone who has never been to Fark.com, it is a constantly updated site with news, pictures, boobies, etc. Every day, they have two or three Photoshop contests, each with a different theme. I used to be moderately proficient with Photoshop, with no help at all from the COMMS department of course. But I finally decided to throw my artistic *ahem* talent into the cyber-mix with my own Photoshopped goodness.

The theme for this particular Photoshop contest was, "How life would change if your favorite movie prop really existed." Well, since I've always dreamed of having my own Mogwai slave, I present my gift to the Fark world...


Like I said on Fark, if I "accidentally" spilled iced tea on little Gizmo, I can get myself a whole gang of Mogwai servants. Hey, a man can dream, can't he?

What Dan Learned This Week

  • My bimonthly near- hour-long trip to the cookie stand is still damn well worth it...
  • Update: There are still no cookie stands in Hawaii...
  • Average return time for any DVD you may let me borrow: four months...
  • Everyone involved with the following television programs owe me back the hours of my life wasted viewing their mindless drivel: Mind of Mencia, Stella, Real World, and Celebrity Fit Club 2...
  • "No Turn on Red" signs need to be in neon lights for the visually-impaired like myself...
  • Crash Test Dummies just came on my Launchcast Radio, and that makes Dan happy...
  • Having been relatively clean shaven for five years, I forgot how damn itchy goatees can get...
  • A book actually exists on the history of Marple-Newtown Square, and I, for the life of me, cannot possibly figure out why...
  • Because of people like me, Wikipedia really should reconsider their "anyone can edit our material" policy. That's just too much power...
  • I have this strange yearning to watch Gremlins...
That is all.

Until next time...
Dan

6 Comments:

At Monday, July 11, 2005 4:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! Please get me a mogwai servant for my birthday... or at least photoshop one for me. Gizmo's adorable with his tiny cups and teeny pitcher of iced tea. It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

 
At Monday, July 11, 2005 8:29:00 PM, Blogger Dan said...

I dropped some water on little Giz just so you could have your own personal Mogwai. Check your email! *snicker snicker*

 
At Monday, July 18, 2005 3:39:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

feed gizmo after midnight. i would like to see if he'd be a bad gremlin or not. all the mogwais that spawned from the originally gizmo were dicks, thus they were just as bad when they were gremlins. just an observation.

 
At Monday, July 18, 2005 3:43:00 PM, Blogger Dan said...

Does the "feeding after midnight" rule shift with time zones? I love debunking cinematic logic.

 
At Monday, July 18, 2005 3:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and when can a mogwai start eating again? technically, any hour of the day is after midnight.

 
At Monday, July 18, 2005 3:46:00 PM, Blogger Dan said...

I will never watch Gremlins the same way again. :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home