Monday, April 25, 2005

Monday + Boredom at Work = New Blog Time...

Alas, My Hopes For Pope Bob I Are Dashed...

Well, we got a new Pope. The liberal in me says, "Ugh", the recovering Catholic in me says, "Eh", yet the sucker for landmark events in me says, "Sweet." It truly was something to witness the first new Papal election in my lifetime. Unfortunately, it had to be witnessed via television news which, as anyone who saw my Senior Research presentation will attest to, is my personal antichrist of Mass Media. Only on American news can you get nuggets of journalistic integrity like, "I understand we have to be patient, but being an American journalist, I want to know now." Yes, that was said (though not verbatim) on NBC's "coverage" of the big event. Then you have Chris Matthews "speculating" on whether or not the smoke was white or black.

And you wonder why I did nothing with my Communications degree...

But the election process itself was pretty interesting; part of me thinks we should adopt something similar for our Presidential elections here in the states. If a Republican is elected President, it is signified by red smoke emitting out of a chimney; if it's a Democrat, then blue smoke arises. If it's a third party candidate, I'm just going to go out and buy locust repellant, because I'm pretty sure that's a surefire sign of the apocalypse.

The Unexplainable Explained...


I can only think of one reason Scott Savol remains a contestant on American Idol...Fox grossly underestimated the wifebeater demographic of its viewing audience. They could make a killing off white tanktops with Paula Abdul's drugged-up kisser on it...

Not Lenny...NOT LENNY

It was reported last night that Lenny Dykstra took steroids during his 1993 World Series season. This story was confirmed by anyone who had functioning eyes and half a brain.

Then came the bombshell that Dykstra actually encouraged his former business partner to bet thousands of dollars on the Phillies for certain games that season. I wonder what the over/under was on Game 6 of the World Series that year...

On a related note...screw you, Joe Carter. Screw you.

Until next time...
Dan

0 Comments:

<< Home